Quick exercise. Tonight, take some time and think about the following:
- Where do you ideally want to be in five years? If five years is too long, think about where you want to be in three years. Think about what you look like, where you will be, what you want to be doing, and who you will be doing that with. And please do not hold back, I am talking about your ideal life in three to five years (make sure to either pick three, four, or five years distinctly).
- Now, think about what you are doing and where you are today. Do your current actions align with your (three, four, or five-year) vision? Does your current confidence and mentality align with that vision. If not, why not?
- If you came up with some reasons why not, ask yourself: are those reasons more important to me than actually achieving that long-term vision? Or are they just excuses?
- Now, write down three things you can do tomorrow to change your current mentality and your current actions to align with your ideal vision.
- Think about some steps you can take over the next month to make the next 12 months the best year yet advancing you towards your ideal vision.
In summary, create your ideal vision in your mind, and work backwards to make sure what you are doing now is in line with where you want to be in three to five years. Harness the Power of Vision.